Senior Software Engineer Position
Pixilated is the leading open-air photo booth provider with a focus on using technology to enable a world class experience.
As we move beyond the typical market of weddings, parties and corporate events we're looking for a software engineer to lead the charge and power our push into brand activations and large scale event installations.
Pixilated is a family.
The person we're looking for must be able to fit in with our team. A lot of companies say work hard/play hard, but we live it and are very proud of the team we've created. We believe in a strong work/life balance. We love coming to work and are passionate about how we spend our time off as well.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build a world class media sharing platform with us from the ground up. We're open to ideas around code base and implementation strategy as long as they're well thought out and apply lean and agile principles around construction. This is your chance to build something unique and from scratch.
Goals of Position:
- Develop the Pixilated platform and roadmap
- Organize and lead a team
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes, and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- 5+ years hacking
- Experience working on a team
- Able to architect, develop, test and iterate your code
- Able to set up the process for managing an ever-growing code base
- Understands and is able to implement github
- Able to build a team around yourself in order to achieve your goals
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Confident in your ability to communicate and translate business requirements into technical requirements
- API experience
- Knowledge of AWS
- Rails experience
- Data Analytics
- E-commerce experience
- Mobile development
- Photo/imaging experience
- Startup experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering or Mathematics.